Your Official Resource for the Tunkhannock Borough

Fire Protection Services

On October 27, 1870, Tunkhannock experienced a fire that burned most of the borough's business district. A fire company was summoned from Wilkes-Barre and laid a hose line to the river, but all the firefighters could do was keep the fire from spreading further. The name Triton comes from mythology "God of Water". Tunkhannock residents knew that this disaster would keep repeating itself unless the community had its own fire company. On June 1, 1871, Triton Hose Company was organized and a hose house was established in a small, wooden two-story building next to the Presbyterian Church at West Tioga and Putnam Streets... Read more at http://tritonhose.com/

Welcome to historic Tunkhannock Borough. This website is intended to provide residents, businesses, and visitors with information on many different organizations and aspects of Tunkhannock Borough. The Borough Office, Department of Public Works, and Police Station are located at 126 Warren Street.

Tunkhannock Borough | Incorporated 1841 | The Heart of Wyoming County
Copyright ©2010 Tunkhannock Borough.
All Rights Reserved.